Cheerleading Tryouts for the 2017-18 school year! If you are interested in trying out for the fall cheer squad, save these dates! At RLHS, you can cheer for one or two seasons. April tryouts are for the summer camps and fall football games. October tryouts are for basketball season and winter competitions.
Cheerleading Tryout Dates:
• Cheer Clinics will be held on April 20 and 21 from 7 until 9 p.m. Tryout material will be taught during this time. (PAPER WORK MUST BE TURNED IN ON April 20)
• Official tryouts will take place on April 22 from 12 until 2 p.m. Selection of the cheerleaders will be based on the following:
• A cheer, chant, and dance that will be taught to you during the clinic.
• Jumps (A toe touch is required)
• Scholastic eligibility
• Attitude, initiative, teamwork, leadership, work ethic, enthusiasm, and
What do you wear to tryouts?
• During clinic days, please wear comfortable, length appropriate shorts and a t-shirt or tank top.
Shorts should be three inches long. Sports bras must be worn. No basketball shorts or pajamas. No denim shorts, jewelry, or artificial nails. Your hair should also be off your shoulders.
• On official tryout day, you should try to wear Lutheran High attire or clothing that will show school spirit.
For those who make the squad:
• A mandatory parent meeting for all cheerleaders and their parents will be held April 24 from 4:30 until 6:30 p.m. in the Dining Hall.
• Tumbling Practices will begin Thursday, May 4, from 3 until 4 p.m.
• Cheer Practices will begin on Monday, June 5, from 4:30 until 7:30 p.m. at RLHS.
• Additional practice schedules will be provided at the mandatory parent meeting.
• Cheer camp is a mandatory event and will take place from July 10 until 12.
I look forward to seeing you at tryouts! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. Thank you!