Our founders envisioned a high school in Racine, for grades 9-12, dedicated to Christian education in the Lutheran tradition, and the school’s doors opened in 1944. Racine Lutheran High School is operated by the Lutheran High School Association of Racine. The school is a member of the Metro Classic Conference.
From the start, Racine Lutheran’s students made their mark on Racine County with high academic achievement and a heart for community service. A new school facility, located along the scenic Root River, was dedicated in 1951, and subsequent capital investments have improved athletic, fine arts and academic facilities.
In 2002, supporters organized a major capital campaign. A beautiful, soaring new entrance was added, plus the inspiring Trinklein Learning Center, additional classrooms and administrative offices.
Recent improvements included a $450,000 renovation of the kitchen and dining hall, now designed to serve the growing needs of students, staff and the community. The fine arts facilities, including our impressive Music Room, received significant enhancements. Most recently, a $150,000 renovation of one of our science labs was completed. Continuous improvement encourages an atmosphere of high expectation and high achievement, and families of all faiths embrace Racine Lutheran High as their first choice for Christian education.